Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Dream without action

I say that I want to change the world, that I want to be the light in someone's life and then I beat myself up because I never seem to do that. I just sit here, idle. I walk in mental circles over my moral standing and what I should to do "start" doing good. I'm not sure that is even something to mull over-- you either do good, or you don't. The temptation to do the wrong thing is always there, laughing and taunting you, but overall being good is just a way to be right?

I come up with a million things I want to and need to do, yet I find the action part of plan execution just goes horribly wrong. How does the saying go? A dream without action is just a wish?

Well, that's not good for me. I don't want it to be just a wish. I want my dreams to come true. I've got so many of them afterall, and I'm not getting any younger either.

I want to live in an RV
I want to travel the world and meet new people and actually feel COMFORTABLE thrown into a mix of culture
I want to see my kid be successful, in whatever way that may be
I want to make movies, and I want to be recognized for my art-- whatever that is
I want to live off of my own making and have a bunker off of the grid
I want to be a city slicker, and mingle over martinis---

but most of all, I want to change a life.

So with that said.. I came across something today on pinterest that struck a chord. Everything on pinterest strikes a chord really. I mean, all of these e-cards are quite possibly the most hysterical thing I've ever read in my entire life and they offer me mounds of entertainment; but this thing that I found struck a chord with my thought process at that moment.



I did link from the original URL. I know that typically that is bad mojo-- but I did want it to eventually trace back to the artist who rightfully made it.

So there you have it. It's simple and it's basic.. but it speaks to me right now. I don't HAVE to run mental circles over how to start; I just need to BE.

Just BE a good person. BE there for people. BE myself. BE creative. BE someone.

I still don't really know who that someone is, even at nearly 30 years old. I guess one day when I grow up I'll figure it out.. but until that day comes, I will continue to find inspiration and seek greatness ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment